Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 1

Tonights dinner meal cost us close to nothing. We did a little pantry/freezer raiding.

Smoked BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Au Gratin Potatoes
Green Beans
Bread & Butter

The Ribs were given to us, as well as the bread. The Green Beans came in a box that I got of food off of freecycle. The Au Gratin potatoes were a Betty Crocker box mix that I had bought on sale, with a coupon. We will probably have ice cream here in a bit for dessert, I got those on sale with a coupon too. Got 6 bricks of Hiland ice cream a few weeks back for $0.99 each!!!! :)

For an evening snack, while we watched movies, we had yummy popcorn, popped on the stove, in a pot, with butter :) Yummy!

The ribs were done smoked on the charcoal barbecue grill. Hubby made them up, putting them on the grill over a pan of water, with the charcoal over to one side, to smoke them. They were so good they didn't even need any bbq sauce!!! They were yummy.

Tomorrow we have planned

Leftover ribs with a baked potato and maybe a rice a roni or something for lunch
and for supper, turkey slices (from a turkey, we got for $.49 a lb) we cooked before Christmas and froze the pieces of), mashed potatoes & corn & bread and butter.

I'm also going to work on trying out my garage sale bread maker tomorrow as well! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are remarkable! I hope your bread machine works good. I love mine (although it doesn't work very well). I use it to make the dough, then bake it in the oven.

    ReplyDelete