Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cleaning the Dishwasher

Anybody else get really annoyed when they go to unload the dishwasher and there's food & nasties all over the "clean" dishes??? Well, I don't have a dishwasher myself, but when I go to my mom & dad's house, they have a dishwasher. Mom was having my unload the dishwasher for her last night and 3/4 of the dishes had to be washed again... What's the point!?!?! So... I went online and found a recipe for a dishwasher cleaner. We had found one at Walmart last night for $3-4 but that was for one use. This one is a small fraction of that!




"Every once in a while your dishwasher may need a little maintenance of its own. Check your owner's manual for information on how to maintain your dishwasher. To clean the inside of the dishwasher, occasionally run an empty dishwasher with a cup of baking soda and 1 1/2 cups of vinegar. This not only cleans the inside of the dishwasher, but also freshens it as well."

I found this on : http://housekeeping.about.com/od/takingcareofdishes/a/dishmistakes.htm

It worked great! The next load I ran there was only 4-5 dishes that had caked on stuff that was still there, and we had used the cheap off brand soap. So I'm sure if we had used good soap it would have all come off!

No comments:

Post a Comment